Monday, June 20, 2011

The Magic Kingdom

Hello again!  So I thought I would talk about the first park at Walt Disney World, which just so happens to be my favorite! The Magic Kingdom is just that... MAGICAL!

A big misconception is that the Magic Kingdom is for kids.  True, there is a land IN the MK called Fantasyland, but come on.... it is for everyone!  I just want to say to people... WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE AND IMAGINATION????    We were all a child once, and you know as well as I do that is still somewhere inside!  Stop letting the world tell you how you should act and let loose! Disney is the best place to act like a kid and no one cares!

So, back to why it's my favorite!  It combines fantasy with reality, adventure with imagination! You can ride on a runaway mountain train or take a boat ride through a Pirate battle!  There is SO much to do and every bit of it makes you feel like a kid! Once you walk through the gates and step onto Main Street USA you have stepped into a different world!  The feeling you get when you see the castle is unreal.  I could be in the Magic Kingdom and actually never ride anything and still have a great day.  But then the sun sets and the something magical happens!  Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade is like no other parade you have ever seen!  It is all lights and characters!  There are stories told as the parade passes by!  And if you wanted to see your favorite Disney characters... the parade is it!!

Not only does the parade make it magical, the nighttime fireworks, Wishes, just makes it perfect!  Wishes combines contemporary Disney with Disney Classics.  It is narrated by Jiminy Cricket and reminds us that anything is possible!  It is one of the best fireworks displays you will ever see!
Sorry its sideway, don't know how to turn it? But you get the idea!
The Magic Kingdom is my magic place.  It reminds me of being a kid and my childhood.  But it also lets me create new memories and the older I get the more I love it.  I wish I could share it with everyone. I hope if you are reading this you have shared in the magic or will someday! There is truly no place like it on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment